Installing and using Adobe Digital Editions
Whether you own an eBook reader or not, we strongly suggest that you download, for free, the program Adobe Digital Editions to read and organize your eBooks and other publications.
Adobe Digital Editions is an autonomous RIA (Rich Internet Application) that replaces the eBook functions of previous versions of Acrobat.
- First install Adobe Digital Editions and follow the instructions (screenshot: Installation button). The installation of the program will also create a « My Digital Editions » folder. We recommend that you locate this folder at the end of your installation. It will be useful for some future operations.
- When you first use the program, you will be asked to use your Adobe ID. On the Adobe website, go to the connection page and type in your Adobe ID and password. Your Adobe ID is generally your current email address or a recent email address. Combined with a password, the Adobe ID allows you to access advantages reserved to Adobe.com members. If you do not have an Adobe ID, you must fill in a registration form to create an Adobe account.
- Start your Adobe Digital Editions program
- Go to the folder where you have downloaded your eBooks.
- In this folder, choose a file to be transferred. « Drag and drop » this file in your Adobe Digital Editions library.
- Repeat the last operation for all the files you wish to transfer to your library. (For other tips, consult Adobe Digital Editions's help section)
- In the list of documents, click on the title of the book you wish to display.
Enjoy your reading experience!